View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #74
Belmont Resident

Default diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
BH, you've posted a lot of negative comments about people who move here from out of state. This post raises a few questions for me:

What do we wannabee? I bought property here because I like the area. Does that make me a wannabee tax payer? What objections do you have against people who find Laconia a good place to live?

I rent a two slips in a marina you've already pointed out seems to have more empty space than in years before. Would you rather have these go empty this year?

I'll admit that there are many Massholes in the Lakes Region during the summer months but I think you should stop generalizing and consider those of us who are genuinely trying to make NH a place to live year-round. It's really not cool.
Having had to take a trip to Jersey for a funeral a couple of weeks ago I can tell you first hand once you cross the NH border the rules change.
Yes Mass drivers are bad and probably worse the closer you get to the city, but Jersey drivers take the cake. The passing lane is where everyone drives at a steady 20mph over.
The 2 right lanes are for weaving in and out of traffic at 80 to get ahead of the slow drivers only doing 75 in a 55.
This scenario plays out all the way from NH to Jersey.
Now on the return trip my wife and I paid close attention to drivers once we crossed back into NH. Yes there was still weaving in and out of traffic and passing on the right but most but not all doing this were not from NH.
Not saying that there were no NH people doing this but the vast majorities were from other states.
Like it or not Diz this whole area does change during tourist season, it is a fact. Fact also that you witness a different style of driving during the summer months then you do when tourist season ends.
It only stands to reason these same drivers who have little disregard for others on the roads will also transfer that to the lake. But that is the way they do it back home so why would things change just because they go to a different state?

Someone once brought up a good point to me. If they drive that way back home why should we expect them to all the sudden become courteous drivers just because they come to this state?
I stopped complaining after that and look forward to Labor Day.