View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #23
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
The biggest mistake most sellers on Craigslist are guilty of is not providing a ton of pictures and not putting in a lot of information in the ad.

I've sold a number of big ticket items on Craigslist, cars, boats, sleds, ATVs etc... and all were posted with a ton of pics and nice long descriptions of the item, how long I have had it and all the stuff that has been done to it while in my possession such as repairs or maintenance. This saves you a ton up front as anyone who after all that asks stupid questions especially if they are asking something already answered in the ad.

The last boat I sold was in the middle of January and ironically while not a big dollar boat - I sold it for nearly twice what the dealer I bought my new one from thought it could fetch if they consigned it for me.

Honestly it all comes down to what you have too, Craigslist is perfect for selling stuff that is "relatively inexpensive". I'm not sure that is a good place to attempt to sell a 30K + boat. Folks in that market are likely to want to buy through a dealer. I could be wrong on that. Many dealers do advertise on Craigslist!
I’m sure MAXUM is right that there is an “art” to selling on Craig’s List. I will say that I provided a lengthy description of the boat I sold but was probably short on photos. Anyway, it absorbed more of my time than was worth the return in the long run.
Jdarby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post: