View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #122
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Not sure how this went to a discussion of schools. Because there are many things that Moultonborough spends money on, not just education.

Given the population I have never understood, whey there isn't a regional school system, for Moultonborough and surrounding towns. But be that as it may... Lets look at other things in the town.....

Number of employees at the dump....
Number of full time police officers....(don't know if this is a concern or not)
Pay of town administrative staff......
Number of DPW staff.....
State of Police, Fire, and DPW equipment and vehicles....

My point is simple, overall I wouldn't blame the need for higher taxes, solely on education. There are many area's that would need to be looked at to understand the financial situation of the town.

My Main argument for the valuation of property, is that the valuations seem to be getting unreasonable again..... some odd years ago, our tax valuation got north of 700K, over time it back down to just over 500K, and now this year it is jumping back to 650K.... I understand it is waterfront, and the camp that is on it isn't worth that much... But at the same time, I feel like the value of land in NH is modified for tax purposes to be what ever the towns need, to achieve what they need. In Moultonbough the need is to keep one of the lowest property tax rates in the state.......