View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 04:40 AM   #68
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckntruck View Post
The decision to sell wasn’t based off currently poor numbers, it caught a lot of people by surprise at the time. That was happening when we were purchasing the SDX, we dug a fair amount before pulling the trigge. 2018/19 metrics are off because the lost the 40+ft market on the lakes/ SE, however they sold more units in the sport boat market between 18/19 than they did any in the 5 years preceding . The parent company still has decent market cap, cash on hand and volume. I disagree that sea ray is in Dire financial straits. They are much better off than the were around 08 etc.

Regardless of the balance sheet, their behavior so far has been irresponsible. Honestly, I don’t care if they’re walking around the edge of bankruptcy, you still answer the phone, you still call your customers back, and when you have a material defect that puts a family at risk (sinking in the middle of the broads in early May with a bunch of kids on board would have been a disaster) you go out of your way to make sure they know you are taking care of it.

When you do send the boat back- it had better not have more things on it broken then when it went in for repair!
This is exactly why I say some "people", plural, not just one individual, needs to be terminated over this catastrophe. This is totally unacceptable. The owner of the dealership you bought this boat from should be right by your side in dealing with Sea Ray in all this mess... As far as I'm concerned, he is just as responsible since he represents Sea Ray. Where is he??? You need him fighting for you.