View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #31
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Lots of thoughts here about toons, hardly any about Cobalt or Yamaha. Going from a 32' Sundancer to a Pontoon is a whole different kind of boating. We store a lot of stuff on our boat so we are prepared for different activities. Extra clothing, cooking equipment, ice maker, fridge, generator etc. without a lot of advance planning. I don't know many pontoons with those sorts of amenities, and a cabin for early and late season boating. As a personal feeling of safety, I like to be inside the boat, not on top of it and the same for kids and pets. I note that one of the 'toon posters here also has an Eastern with a hard cabin so he has choices depending on weather, planned activity, etc.
I have a friend who recently bought pontoon, but looks for rides from people with boats when the weather turns sour..
And one who has difficulty at docks because he only has a gate on one side. It can be tough to back in or to turnaround to get that gate in the right place. Absolutely, a gate on each side.
When we come back to the marina Sunday night, I pretty much secure the lines and lock the cabin. Others (toons) I see with tons of canvas to enclose the aft area and separate covers for various seating sets. I'm not much in favor of playing with canvas when it is hot and muggy or raining. I do like to go inside and turn on the AC in those conditions.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote