Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
I truly truly feel for your loss, but I can't agree with this statement. We don't own pitbulls, though I know several friends who do. Dogs are more products of their environment and owners than anything else. Irresponsible owners are the root of the problem.

Given the events you've described, were I in a similar case I would likely come to the same conclusion as you in this scenario. Just remember to maintain your own humanity and not inflict undue harm or cruelty on an essentially defenseless and outmatched adversary...
Before this happened I would have agreed with you, this dog is part of a family with children, it has played with one of my other Jack Russell dogs that is a strong Alfa dog and will snap at the pit bull and send it running. There have never been signs of aggression in this dog. So given this I totally disagree with your statement in this case. I now firmly believe these dogs have a deep underlying urge to conquer and kill. although this may be suppressed by love and affection it still lies dormant and always will.
FYI my dog suffered for over an hour, this dog crushed both sides of her chest breaking ribs on both sides, how she lasted so long before passing at the vets is beyond me.
I was raised with cats and dogs and for the most part have always lived with the company of one or more, but a line has been crossed and now I or my wife will end it with a clean shot and there will be no suffering involved should this dog be caught on our property again. I know this will not bring back our dog but it may save another dog from the same fate.
I passed this story onto the local news station WMUR but got no reply back. I had hopes that bringing these people to light just may shame them into a change.