View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #19
sa meredith

Default I know them

I know the family that owns and operates all of the AutoServ stores, fairly well.
It is indeed a true family business, headed by the father, who, along with his two sons and daughter, run the dealerships. The live, work, and spend their money in the lakes region...the dealerships are not part of some major, faceless corporation. I can further tell you, they are "self made" people. No one handed them anything. Many, many years back, the dad was just your normal, work-a-day, support the family, avarage Joe. He worked hard, strived for better things, took a huge gamble, and gathered lakes region real estate off of exit 20...and everything fell into place for him.
Like anything else, which has already been stated here, when asking for opinions, you are going to get good and bad. And, as per the norm, when it involves the car business, you'll certainly get no shortage of stories. It seems that the unique thing about the auto industry is that everyone and their brother is an expert.
SAMIAM, as you well know, a customer's experience and thoughts about a business are usually going to be based on the one person they came in contact with at that place. If someone went to VK for the first time, and (although I know this is a strech) got poor/rude service from their waitress...well, then they would probably think VK is not a good place...when we all know the opposite to be true.
I would think, like any place else we have all spoken about, if you need a service they provide, give them a chance. If something comes up, as we always say, bring it to the attention of the manager/owner, and discuss the problem.
Just my thought....
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote