View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Shop around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
I think they're sheisters, and I'll never step foot in there again.
It is important that you find a reliable mechanic and stick with him. Since I move to Laconia, I have yet to find a replacement for my mechanic who is in Goffstown.

My check engine light was on and I can not get inspection. Lake Chrysler Jeep says the engine analysis tool says it is a number of things with the gas emission system. It will cost me about $300 in labor just to check the components. I am unemployed and declined. I went to Autoserv as I have a Dodge truck. They say the same thing and wanted me to sign a service contract to replace an emission pump before they even start to find the problem! About $300 for labor and $200 for the pump! Two dealers with different opinions. Desperate, I went to VIP. The engine analysis was the same. VIP put the truck on the lift and did a quick inspection of the emission hoses, gas tank and gas filler neck. They found a hose that was disconnected and they connect it and strap it tight. They also found the gas filler hose had a break in it. They replace it. For $290. The check engine light is off and I had it inspected.

It pays to have another opinion.