View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #77
Rich

Chasedawg, I'm very sorry you feel this way.

I have totally different thoughts when I see people enjoying the lake. I think of the good feelings people have when they are on the lake. And the serenity that people feel when on the lake when they are sharing it with friends.

Maybe you don't know, but when I'm not out on the lake with my boat or on a friends boat, I spend every weekend at a dock, on my boat in a small cove. Other boats and fishermen pass within inches or feet of my boat all weekend long. Some early morning and others late at night. Sometimes before dawn or after sunset.

I always greet them with a wave and a smile and say 'how are you' as many are close enough to to me to have a conversation as if they are sitting next to me. If they are heading out I may say 'have a great day on the lake'. If they are heading back in, I may ask if they had a good day or ask where did they go, and how did they enjoy it.

If they are fishing I ask 'how are the fish biting, are you cooking them or catch and release'? (most seem to catch and release)

Many come to our cove to hang out, or to paddle by, or some to swim or hang out. Some just come and go with their boats as a start or end to their day on the lake or heading to their island spot.

I sit on the dock in the morning with my cup of coffee and enjoy it all. Or late in the evening with the sun going down and still enjoy seeing everyone coming and going.

I've made good friends at the lake and I hope to make a lot more.

The lake brings us all together in a nice way, at least I think so.

No matter where you are on the lake, it should be shared, that's what it's all about IMHO.

Share the lake, be happy about it.