View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Nope, not me

I'm otherwise known as: Thorp Thomas. Many years ago my daughter Beth and I were members of the New England Aquarium Dive Club; we given the login name "Winnipesaukee Divers "for the meetings and events since it was our home port. During the ten years we were with the NEADC we logged in over a thousand dives doing under water research, rescue dives, fish collection dives and case studies dives. I also went on to become Andy Martinez’s (world class underwater photographer for National Geographic) support diver (but that's another story).

I got into servicing moorings as I thought it would be a good way to feed my addiction to diving and underwater exploring. However, it soon became monotony as I keep doing the same thing over and over, hence my name for it "Morring Field Hell". Also, since some of my moorings are in mud, you see the mooring as you descend on it but once you come into contract with the bottom you’re in total silt out with 0 visibility. Now that I’m the old man of the diving world on Lake Winnipesaukee, I’m seriously considering retiring and suspect this will be my last year.

Last edited by Winnipesaukee Divers; 03-14-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: forgot the "D"
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote