View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 01:38 PM   #22
PCTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
PCTim
what you would classify this as?
https://www.geteskimo.com/Product/fatfish-9416i-2524

was trying to figure it out last night, i wouldn't call that a shanty or a bobhouse and brings little to no weight

also with mid 30s at best this week during the day, and single digits to low 20s at night, I think it will get a lot thicker quick, or am I pipe dreaming it??

a source involved says they have measurements of 8-10 inches of ice as of yesterday
To answer your first question, I don't know. But, if you read the sentence before it says At this point, we advise you to only bring yourself and your hockey equipment onto the ice. which tells me A they don't want you bringing anything onto the ice and B, they probably don't want us hanging out on the ice all day if we can help it.

As far as your pipe dream? From what I've read and been told, if the conditions are close to perfect, around an inch of ice can be formed overnight. 3 nights = 3 inches. So maybe. I also heard that while there was 8-10", when the rain came through last weekend, the top 3 or 4 inches turned to slush. So, who knows? I'm not there so I don't know. As of right now I'm planning on heading up Thursday afternoon.
PCTim is offline   Reply With Quote