View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride & Dive View Post
Great question! I have a 2010 Explorer. I was a bit concerned about the weight but I understand that if I leverage a towing weight distribution system I should be able to more than cover my concerns. Also I expect to leave it at a Winni Marina somewhere most of the time and maybe only tow it around a few times a year.
So then the next question that comes into play, is which engine do you have in the vehicle.... If it is the six cylinder I would not at all recommend this size boat...If you have the V8, you could possible get a way with some short towing, but will notice issues with hills etc...

Bottom line is that you will be right at the limits of the Explorer. Although you may get away with towing that big of a boat with this vehicle. The longevity of your vehicle is going to be reduced. There will be wear on the entire drive system, braking, and chasis.

This also counts on making sure you have the Type III/IV trailer hitch on the vehicle and not the Type II.....

Those are my 2 cents on the subject.