View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #49
Biggd

Thanked 1,072 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
For those of you interested in a scientific explanation of whether or not the virus is airborne, this was a good explanation, https://www.wired.com/story/they-say...-borne-by-air/.

I hope all the fears and concerns are unfounded. My best guess is that ultimately those who feel all the precautions were necessary will end up saying “see, I told you so. These actions minimized the outbreak”. Those who think they are unnecessary will say, “see, I told you so. The outbreak was not the end of the world and the majority escaped unscathed.”

I’m not concerned for myself or my kids. I am concerned for my parents who are high risk. Because of my concern for them, I am taking steps to minimize my exposure so I don’t pass along the virus to them. And, I am discouraging them from being in public places where they might be exposed. Am I being too careful? Maybe, but for their sake I would rather be safe than sorry.
I'm going to be 66 in a few months. I'm not completely isolating myself but I am trying to avoid crowded areas. As you get older it takes a lot longer to get over illnesses. I get a flue shot every year because if I get the flue I'm down and miserable for at least two weeks. So if I can take precautions to prevent me from getting sick and being miserable for two weeks it's worth it, along with the additional benefit of not passing it along to others.