View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #14
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I'd like to see the RSA or rule reference. When I worked for a marina, several employees drove boats while "on duty". Salesmen for example doing demos, mechanics water testing. I recall one mechanic who took the boat out in the bay and drifted while he worked because the owner was hanging over his shoulder. That was a long time ago, so when did the law change? Let's be specific, not an opinion please.
Field Operations Bureau
Marine Patrol Unit
Commercial Boating

Commercial Registration

All commercial boats must be commercially registered and inspected by the State of New Hampshire in compliance with RSA 270-E: 22

Any boat used as a common carrier of passengers or property; operating on a regular schedule.
Any vessel propelled by electric or mechanical power carrying passengers for hire.
Any boat or outboard motor used by the proprietor of any school or camp in which minors attend.
Any boat used in conjunction with any form of enterprise where money or other compensation is received, whether actual or implied, for employment of the vessel.
Any description of watercraft utilized by an employee of any enterprise in the performance of the employee’s duties.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote