View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #21
MeredithMan

Default To get back on track...

...to answer the question of favorite and least favorite renovations in the area, my candidates are:

Favorites:

--Triple H's mansion. Although it is huge, I think it was done tastefully and fits in the with the lake, with its Adirondack/stone design. They also left a lot of mature trees and plantings on the property

--Center Harbor Inn. Before the renovation, the place looked like a run-down 1950's motel, which it was. Now it has a nice Adirondack, "lakey" flare to it.

--Condos at Christmas Island and the Meredith Bay condos along Scenic Drive in The Weirs. They packed a ton of them in at Christmas Island, but they are attractive and have a lake look and feel to them. Same with the Meredith Bay condos on Scenic Drive.

Eyesores:

--The hideous condos they built on top of the strip mall next to China Bistro. That mess is so ugly, especially sitting on top of "posts" in the parking lot

--All of the vacant lots at The Weirs.

--The MB mansion on Governor's Island. I have no issue with waterfront estates, but at least make it tasteful, like Triple H's. That thing looks like it belongs in FL, not on the lake.

--Downtown Laconia Parking Garage and late 60's urban renewal project. Bulldoze it down and start over.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: