View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #17
Susie Cougar

Default Turning something that was once nice into something

Dhamma, you are correct.
My father was forward thinking in everything that he did. He never thought of the enjoyment just for the moment, But the effect it would have on everyone in the future as well.

When he started selling land, the lots were bigger than the minimum requirements. He also made sure the setbacks were further back from the lot lines. He stipulated that you could only build a one story house, so that no one’s view would be obstructed in anyway. As I think back as a teenager, when all this was going on, It seems to me he was asking everyone to be a steward for the environment, and if they didn’t agree with his way of thinking, he didn’t care. He would find someone else that felt like he did.

One restriction that I remember, that I couldn’t comprehend at the time was that my father put a 50 year building limit on back land that he owned. The 50 years just came up a few years ago, I don’t know what year exactly.

Too many people just saw the lake as a way to get rich. I won’t name any names, but if you’ve been around the lake as long as I have you know what’s been done.

I realize that I’m not talking to everyone who enjoys the lake, to those of you I apologize.

The garbage and pollution and all the damage done to the lake has been man-made. You can’t blame it on anything else.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote