View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Camp Guy;

Thanks for your response.

The high readings were taken by a NH licensed Home Inspector that I hired. Samples of air and water were taken and sent to a certified lab. Air samples came in at 13.1 in finished basement and 7.2 in first floor living area. Well water came in somewhere around 2400 pci/L. While the water reading really isn't bad, NH recommends mitigation at any reading over 2000 while Massachusetts says 10,000 (go figure)! Nationally a standard has not been set by the EPA so each state makes their own recommendation. Anyway for my own personal peace of mind I am having both taken care of.

I'm not sure what insurance or code has to do with this since New Hampshire law does not mandate radon testing or mitigation during real estate transactions. This is something I had done on my own and not required by anyone.

Dan
I have seen a situation where the radon in the water was extremely high at >60k pci/L and the radon in the water was the source of a high (>4 pci/L) radon air reading so I would fix the water for sure. Once the radon in the water was addressed the radon air was below the max of 4 pci/L.
I was told that any radon value in the air will change depending upon the atmospheric pressure, how air tight the house is and the time of year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post: