View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #31
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
MAXUM - well saying your BIL bought a Generac is only half the story what size did he buy? Generac makes very tiny to huge...And yes, quietness is expensive in the Generator market. That's an individual preference. I can't believe it's that big of a deal (or expensive) to make them quiet but I'm no expert by a long shot...(most) Honda products do rock but yeah there's much cheaper out there also.
6500 watt portable - plenty of power for what he needed but the problem wasn't whether there was sufficient capacity to do the job, it was the output voltage. Trust me he was not happy with having to spend the extra $$ to get something that would work.

Same thing in my case... and if you notice there are more and more inverter generators out on the market for this very reason. Don't have to buy a Honda there are other offerings out there but no matter the case these are noticeably more expensive than their non-inverter counterparts. That said if you buy some cheap piece of crap it's not going to make much of a difference what it is, other than a piece of crap!

Not trying to kick up an argument here either guys, just pointing out you gotta be careful with these things or you may end up with a problem. Stuff now a days is not like it used to be and all these electronically controlled devices get a little fussy.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote