Thread: Car Service
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #14
angela4design

Thumbs up Neil's Laconia Garage

Neil's Laconia Garage, at the intersection of Routes 106 and 107 is nothing short of amazing.

My Volvo was estimated needing over $2,000 in repairs, so I thought I'd see about fixing the car that I parked for almost 3 years in the yard beside the driveway (when I had had first gotten the Volvo, because it needed a bunch of repairs). It had a hole in the engine block from where a belt had broken and kept snapping away at the engine block until there was a hole there. I had thought it was 'terminal', that it would never run again without a fortune dumped into repairs. In light of this $2,000 Volvo prospect, I decided to bring it in to Neil to get his expert opinion.

Not only did he patch up that engine block and replace the broken belts that caused the fiasco in the first place, but he set right the neglect I had inflicted by letting it set in the yard for three years (rusty rotors cleaned up, brakes replaced, etc etc). He got that car running tip top with NO problems, for under $900. It might sound like a lot, but I thought the car was dead, un-savable, and I'm still driving it!

I think he's the last mechanic I'll ever need to find!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote