View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

The cost of a well pump compared to a jet pump is substantial. I'm actually surprised this is even legal considering if there is ever a problem with the wiring somebody could get seriously shocked, possibly killed as those run on 220V. Furthermore it's not needed and completely over kill for the task at hand.

Frankly having a jet pump setup should not be painful at all and if what you have is put together with the right parts and "engineering" putting it together or taking it apart should be easy and accomplished in a matter of minutes.

I rebuilt my mine when I bought my place and basically used cam-lock (quick release) fittings everywhere it made sense to create a breaks in the system for quick assembly and disassembly. I even put one on top of the pump with a cap for priming it. The nice thing is there are plugs that can be bought for when the system is apart to prevent critters from moving in.

In fact since I moved up here in mid april I had a couple nights where it got far enough below freezing to where I had to do an emergency blow of my water system. Start to finish takes about 20 minutes from fully charged to fully drained, including blowing out all the house lines with a compressor. Oh and did I mention NO TOOLS required!!!! That is huge!

Well worth the money invested.

https://www.universalhoseandfittings...iAAEgKW-fD_BwE

Why these are not widely used is beyond me. The morons that did the plumbing on my place had pieces that had to be screwed together, and the assembly not only made no sense but it was terribly time consuming and frustrating to deal with. Even better it was done supposedly by a "licensed" plumber.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: