View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #11
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts

If I understand your questions:

- Yes you can of course assign Lat/Lons to a Waypoint, such as a place you want to get to such as a wreck or channel;

- As to your interest in "assigning coordinates to my built-in software's position of my unit", not sure what you mean; in the display on the chartplotter you will see the position of the boat (specifically, the position of the GPS antenna on the boat) so I don't know what coordinates you are trying to "assign"; the Lat/Lons will change as the boat moves of course and this is where your boat is at any point in time-just look at the screen;

- As to how the Humminbird's coords relate to Bizer or Duncan, they don't really because I use the Lat/Lon format of Degrees and Decimal Minutes (XX YY.ZZZ); the Bizer chart uses a different Lat/Lon format;

- If you are trying to check the GPS accuracy or play with it in general all you have to do is pull up next to a buoy for example then look at the Lat/Lon numbers on the chartplotter screen and see how they line up; bear in mind buoys drag so nothing is ever exact but you should be really close;

- I believe the Bizer chart uses True North so set the Humminbird for True North as well as opposed to Magnetic North;

Not sure this answered your questions.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote