View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #307
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I'll take the bait. Do you think our young people today would have the moral fortitude and courage to do what those young men did in 1944? That is the point of the post. We have raised a bunch of selfish, cowardly generation of young men who do not appreciate the freedoms and liberties we all enjoy. Like everything else in their lives, they take EVERYTHING for granted. When the Chinese storm our beaches, who will be there to defend us? Will we want to be defended? Our values have gone down the sink hole, and it isn't because of the feared orange man as people like you refer to him. It is because of 50 plus years of liberal mob think invading our institutions, such as education, government and military. He has only been President for 3+ years. To think he caused what we are seeing in our major cities is plain stupid.
Geez Major, of all people I hope you are not discounting the bravery of our current armed forces that are at this very minute in harms way. I also found the comparison misguided. My father was one of those men 75 years ago. He received 4 campaign ribbons and the bronze star. The unfortunate irony in that image is that not all those veterans from WWII are gone. Now they are at the highest risk of succumbing to this “hoax” virus. ‘Thank you for your bravery 75 years ago and the freedoms it brought to the world. Sorry I dont value your life enough today to wear a mask.’

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post: