View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
waukewanderer

Thumbs up Wow!

What a great story! I'm an antique car guy, so I can appreciate the thrill that you must have felt when you found the "treasure". Congratulations!

I have found some Oldsmobile production history that may help identify the year of the car. Oldsmobile produced the four cylinder Model 43A from 1921 until 1923, but the radiator shell emblem and the hub cap are not from that model car. The winged spur design of the radiator shell emblem was first used in 1928, and the hub cap design was also from that year. The radiator shell and headlight shapes are consistent with the 1928 Model F28 also, and are much different than the earlier four cylinder models. The only part that doesn't fit is that Oldsmobile only produced a six cylinder in 1928. It's hard to make out the details of the distributor cap in the photos. Please excuse the non-lake related details, just wanted to add a little piece to the puzzle.

I'd like to read more about your Lake diving finds. It gives a perspective on the Lake that most of us will never experience. What's it like down there? Can you dive in the Broads, or is it too dangerous? Have you or your fellow divers ever found any Indian artifacts on the lake bottom? Have you ever dived in Waukewan?

Last edited by waukewanderer; 02-26-2005 at 11:40 PM.
waukewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote