View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #56
LTII

Default Illogical, Illogicaler, Illogicalest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Call it whatever you want, but I call it hypocrisy. If it quacks like a duck, flies like a duck and walks like a duck, then it's a duck as far as I'm concerned. Defend them all you want - it doesn't change the foundation of the argument. They associated themselves with, and proactively supported a lobbying group that fabricated stories which used boating under the influence of alcohol (yes, the same alcohol with which they make money selling) in order to push their agenda. Again, they have every right to do this, as I have every right to avoid their establishments (which I will continue to do). By the way, how do you know the size of my group of friends?
Your argument is based on a foundation and that foundation is flimsy in that it is not relevant. Because they sell the demon rum, and because they may have associated themselves with another even more illogical group does not mean they support boating while intoxicated! Based on your 'foundation', logically you also should stop paying any taxes to New Hampshire, and in fact should give up drinking yourself.

To answer your final question- I apologize- I do not know for a fact the size of your group of friends.. I assumed, based on the tone of your posts, that you quack, fly and walk in a pretty small flock.
The Following User Says Thank You to LTII For This Useful Post: