View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #35
Denny Crane

Default Association Vote

I would think your association would have a chance to change this if you have a majority on board to vote in favor. I believe you would need to get the proposal on the agenda for the annual meeting, propose the motion, get a second in order to discuss. You would need a detailed plan laying out your new system, ie dock sharing, lottery, or whatever system you'd like to change to. There would be a pro/con discussion then a vote. It sounds like some work involved but if you know ahead of time who's in and who's not it may be worth it. I heard of an association in the Sunapee area that had more members than docks/moorings combined and are on a Lottery system. Numbers are picked for docks and moorings and any additional members left over do not have access that year. The 2nd year those who didn't have access are the first to pick. Members must have a registered boat or jet ski to be in the Lottery. Worst case every third year a member might not have water access. This sounds better than being on a wait list forever and having no access! Has anyone else heard of other associations with shared docks/moorings or lottery systems?

Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-26-2021 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote