View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #16
chasedawg

Default ICON AC electric motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky g View Post
The one in Tilton’s photo is what I’m looking for, with the the flip down back seat. I’d probably want beefier tires/ suspension. Our path is gravely and a bit steeper at the top. It’s packed well but tire slippage is a consideration. It’s not a switch back but on an angle across the property instead of straight up.

The reason I question gas v electric is only because, when I’ve played golf, gas ones have seemed more powerful. If electric can get up the hill easily, that would great.
I’ve passed a house on rt. 3 in Laconia with used carts out front for$5500-6000. Seemed high. Sounds like I’m tabling a ride to five star.
When you go to Five star ask about electric AC motor. When you tell them about your application includes a hill they will probably recommend AC motor. The advantage of AC motor is they are stronger going up and down hills. There isn't a separate emergency brake. Once the cart is stopped the electric motor locks the cart from moving. Check out ICON web site ICONEV.com It comes standard with AC motor, 10" Wheels, Four wheel disc brakes, hi speed rear end, built in electric charging system... no need for separate charger. It carries a 2 year warranty and is street legal.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post: