View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #6
Jdarby

We’re on a private road in Wildwood on Long Island and we have a mail depot with parcel lockers. With that said, I do have some packages that have been delivered directly to the house. I dread having to expect a package that will be delivered by USPS. Several times I’ve received notification that they “attempted” delivery but the residence wasn’t accessible (not during a snowstorm) or that the item was delivered to a mailbox but it’s not in mine nor one of the parcel lockers! It then has sometimes taken me days to actually track down the package. Sometimes it’s being held at the post office, other times they actually deliver it to the house or to one of the parcel lockers or mailbox a day or two later. On two occasions we’ve had our packages delivered to a neighbor’s house across the street. Our street number is plainly visible at the end of our driveway. Of all the places we’ve lived, this post office is the worst for residential service. I’m sure they are understaffed and under resourced for their task but I have a problem with lying about a delivery attempt which I’m sure they do to drive up some kind of performance metrics they need to meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Jdarby is offline   Reply With Quote