View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchadw View Post
I have seen these turbines and I really have mixed thoughts about them...If they work, and continue to work ...then I guess, it will be ok for many...

I spend time each year back home in N.H. and this year the max so far at five months...in the Lincoln area....What really upsets me is, each year I come north and I see more and more cell phone towers on tops of mtns...A beautiful picturesque view, ruined by cell phone towers...Are they really necessary...People seemed to be adjusting to the lack of service when they weren't there...
I travel through Franconia several times per week..NO, AT&T service in that area...soooo, if I really need to use the cell phone, I wait a few miles ...and of course, I always get calls while in the dead area...so it goes into my list to call back later....I adjust....! Why couldn't these towers be built in the area of the present power lines...or on the edge...the view is already blighted there...All I can figure is, there must be money involved...follow the money trail...as the saying goes...
They can always use fake tree branches on them to make them look like fake hugh trees...that's what they do in sunny Fla....What a rediculous sight that is...
I couldn't agree more!