View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #5
Cal Coon

The amount of time it will take is impossible to guesstimate without knowing which way you are going to go, how fast you plan on going, (depending on conditions), but I would definitely plan on 2 or 3 hours to get to Center Harbor, and longer to Meredith Bay. You don't even have to go through the broads to get to either place, so I wouldn't worry about that. I would just fill my gas tank, study the chart for a course, know where you can get gas, (if needed) and set out for an adventure. There are many different ways to go, around many different islands, so it can get a little confusing on that part of the lake, but it is all well marked so if you take your time, you will be fine, especially if you have a gps of the lake which you mentioned. I think the fastest way to Center Harbor would be taking a hard right after going through the graveyard and going by Trexler's marina through Braun Bay, or you could go through the "hole in the wall", all depends on how much time you want to spend on the water, but if you get up on plane and do some easy cruising, (20mph or so), you can go to Center Harbor and Meredith Bay, and back, in one day no problem IMHO. Definitely not a trip you want to do at headway speed, or it will take you a day and a half!! Weekend or week day, I would get an early start and see what happens, you can always turn around and hit it another day if the weather kicks up, or you get lost, or whatever...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 10-22-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links