View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hi, I just joined a couple of days ago and have a question that I was hoping I could get some info. on. We bought a 19' bow rider 2 seasons ago for our first boat. My wife and I are retired and used it just in Squam lake. We traded it in for a 20' pontoon boat last week, and are hoping on doing some boating on lake winnipesaukee next season. I plan on installing a chartplotter/fish finder combo. to help with navagation. My question is, how difficult is it to go to say center harbor or Meredith bay from the Lee's Mill launch and how long would it take? Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.
Ok, so some qualifications need to be understood, are you considering doing the Winnipesaukee trip on the weekend or during the week? If on the weekend early in the day or late in the day?

These are huge factors because of water conditions... to make this trip your first obstacle is Moultonboro Bay... on the weekends, and when the wind is blowing this area can get rough.... The next area that can get rough on the weekends and when it is windy is over by the Graveyard. Off course the broads will be rough... etc... in a 20' pontoon boat dependent on conditions, and capabilities of your boat... you are looking anywhere from 1:30 to 3 hours one way....

Having said that it is a great ride as long as you mind the markers....

You could also brake this trip down, by using the state ramp on Long Island...Or the Moultonborough ramp on Long Island as well....