Thread: Sunset Bob
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #39
Top-Water

Bob's Final Journey

Quoted from the video:

Published on Sep 17, 2016
A few years ago I was friended by a guy that liked to Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee - He saw me flying overhead and was intrigued, he reached out via Facebook - We conversed on and off, at one point he sent me his address and I would do fly-bys over his home - I would see him on his dock waving - Later he would message me that it lifted his spirits - We have never met, we have never even spoken

Last year I learned that he was diagnosed with Cancer - He reached out and asked that I spread his ashes from my plane at a specific location when the time came - I designed and built a device for this - He passed last November 2015 - The plan was for this to take in the Spring of 2016 - Although in January, I was in a life-threatening accident and no one, including myself, knew if I would make it back into the sky

This was one of his final wishes, his wife waited patiently for my recovery, she wrote, "whatever it takes" - Finally the stars aligned and we got this to happen in September of 2016 - When I finally met his wife to pick up his ashes, I was told that he would have liked to have shaken my hand - While it is true that we had never met or spoken, at least we got to take our first and last flight together - This is the video of that Final Journey

The Music Selection was their song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zol-XZyWc_U
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post: