View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So lets just play some math games............

Somewhere I heard 40,000 boats, on Winnipesaukee in this thread
Lets give ourselves and accuracy of 10%.....so the window is between
36,000 and 44,000 boats....seems reasonable...I say this because If I look at my little road on LI, there is a roughly 2 boats per house average...and about 40 houses on the water.... so that is 80 boats per road... so total number of boats divided by 80 boats per road is 450 some such roads around the lake... Seems reasonable given all the islands, Marinas, and Valet storage that would also need to be factored in here....

Now lets talk about boat value if I look at my 2 20 year old boats from Nada Low Retail: 7.2K + 6.6K = 13.6K

so we get a pricing range of $489M - $598M

now if I look at what my boats would cost new, I would think one is about $40K, and the other is about the same..... based on what I know... so that is around 80K which gives us the following price range $2.8B- $3.5B

Now average those two we end up at $1.6B to $2.0B worth of boats floating around on Winnipesaukee....

I could go on and on with this... But I would think on any given weekend in the summer, that is a good estimate of how much money is sitting in Winnipesaukee.