View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #46
Chef Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
To me and many friends, Sandy Point was successful because the word was lobster=Sandy Point. Next Lobster place was Makris in Concord. Based on posts on this forum, Chef Tony wanted to be a great chef, not a successful restaurant owner/manager. Great chefs do not always make great managers/owners. The phrase, "You're a great chef, you should open a restaurant" is way off the mark from family experience. I on't think there is a great Lobster experience in the area and that is an open market, if you can fill that spot. Adding a couple of lobster items to a generic menu is what failed at Sandy Point last time. No focus.
The menu at the new sandy point started out as strictly lobster and seafood with prime rib. But I had to add the pub menu to get weekly repeat visits versus once a summer, which no restaurant can survive on. Due to wholesale lobster prices the menu prices were high so I made the choice to freshly prepare each lobster not cook in the morning and reheat like the old sandy point did. But seeing as you are the restaurant I suggest that you contact the sandy point resort about leasing the restaurant and show me hows it's done. but you will need to completely outfit the bar and kitchen area as I have removed all of my equipment.
Chef Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Tony For This Useful Post: