View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #53
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I have wanted to write exactly what you just so elegantly wrote. However every time I do I seem to get a year off for bad behavior.

I won't add anymore to you comments and want to thank you for telling it the way it is.
All of this subtle "protesting" against a valuable concept and idea has me thinking more about this. Honestly, there was no agenda, but now that the issue has been raised, maybe there really is an agenda. I'm deeply intrigued by the fact that such strong and immediate resistance to a simple safety flag was put forth. Why? Is it really about the flag itself; the fact that a flag looks "stupid", or the fact that it poses a non-realistic safety hazard? Or is it more about a class of boaters that don't want rules imposed upon them, and don't want their perceived "superior rights" over other boaters eroded? It never really occurred to me before now, but I'm intrigued by the fact that this seemingly same group of people in general had no problem supporting an agenda a few years ago that impacted a different group of boaters. But now, now that the spotlight is on them...man does the protesting start right up. This horse is dead, but the message is crystal clear. Seaplane Pilot is taking off, flying above all of this mess!