View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #52
jeffk

Default Agenda?

Personally I don't have one.

To me this is an issue of recognizing the impact of your actions and taking responsibility for them.

If a person is walking on the sidewalk, next to the road, they are fairly safe. Cars are not supposed to be on the sidewalk. When a person decides to walk along the edge of the road for some reason, they are at much higher risk. Maybe there is NO sidewalk and they have no choice. When they cross the street, even higher risk. You can argue that cars are responsible not to hit pedestrians and you would be right. Some people are dead right. Ever come upon someone walking along a road at night wearing dark clothes? WHY, I ask, are they not aware of the risk and wearing lighter color clothes? There is no law that says they have to but for Pete's sake!

Here you have power boaters telling you that under certain conditions there can be visibility problems for small boats and asking for reasonable attempts to increase visibility. The response is that kayakers refuse to be inconvenienced by such steps. OK, that's your choice, just like the person walking along the road at night wearing dark clothes.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post: