View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #37
Phantom

Okay --

I will throw in my two cents and preface it by saying -- I have no dog in this fight -- My wife & I are not "Bikers" but that does not mean we do not enjoy a good show watching all the decked out machines now and again.

As we sat on our deck Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon's into evening (down near Patrick's) there were numerous times that we commented on how light/ few the cycle traffic was .... and that was despite a Concert at Meadowbrook both Friday & Sat nights. Which I heard that neither "sold out"

We do not have a long standing history to compare against, but as simple as comparing to last year (which statistics have shown was a slow Bike Week) there was even far less traffic this year and the weather far better too. As I recall, last year it rained steadily the entire weekend.

Even the "groups" or what we call Packs of riders were smaller .... last year we could count (on average) bikes going by in the 10's & 20's ... this year more typical in 2's & 3's

Like I said -- unscientific -- not anything to do with the "heart" (Weirs Beach Area) of the action -- but an observation from the periphery area.