View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #36
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Diver, I have had that happen in the past. When we finally reached the contempt of court part, the judge ordered the person arrested and after he was arrested several times, we got all the money he owed. However, the last time I went to court with this last person, the judge told me that we don't have Debtor's prison's anymore and we didn't arrest people who owed money. He said we would come back in 6 months and review the case. Well, this case had been going on for about 5 years and the guy wouldn't even pay as much as $10. a month which he had agreed to. So I wrote a letter to the court and told him (essentially) I was not going to go back to court in 6 months that if he felt someone could buy something and get away with not paying for it then I was wasting both my time and the court's time. The judge did order him to pay $10 a month after those 6 months which the judge hadn't in that past hearing, but of course the guy never paid. So I just dropped the whole thing. I had had enough. I kept spending money to collect money that i was never going to get. So after that last experience I decided to give up on the court system. I felt the judges have become too liberal. Now this WAS a different judge than the first case. And I might add I know both of them personally.

So I am curious if your case happened a long time ago or recently?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: