View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #34
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Pissed Off Consumer

I went through this exact same issue 1 1/2 years ago for some work I needed on my island camp.

I used the power of the internet to resolve it. I put a post up on "Pissed Off Consumer" and made mention of the company name. I stated only actual facts that could be easily backed up. What basically happens then is whenever you google his company name my pissed off consumer post would be right there at the top of the search staring him or anybody who searched for his company name right in the face.

He called, after avoiding me for months and begged me to remove my post said it was seriously hurting his business and a big job he had quoted was now being questioned by the owner who saw my post.

I made him meet me face to face (that was the best part!), he showed up all apologetic with 100% of my deposit money in hand.

One thing, once you make a post on Pissed Off Consumer it's almost impossible to take down so make sure you only state the facts and do not embellish anything!

Honestly, this forum has a lot of power that I think you should use. Many, many people come here looking for contractor recommendations. Not only would you be doing a service to other forum members so no one else is stung by this guy but you also would have the ability to edit your post if it got resolved and give the guy another chance. If I had to do it all over again I would of started here.

Edited to add: As an example if you cut an paste this thread topic title in a google search, "Issue with local contractor - guidance sought" watch what comes up #1 at the top of the search...

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 11-29-2016 at 10:21 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: