View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #33
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
I like the idea of using a collection agency; sure, they take a big cut, but you'll get some satisfaction one way or the other.

Well, there's a clue where the money went!

I also agree with your other suggestion...to post his name. But I'd use his first name only. Might as well have other contractors with the same first name working on him.

But an attorney takes a cut of the money too unless you are a business and have a signed credit app. stating that they will pay attorney fees. Still, whether you go to small claims with an atty. or not, good luck getting blood out of a stone. Usually if they are unreliable to not come through without taking them to court, they are not going to willingly pay even if you do get judgement. So then the process of collecting begins and goes on and on and on -can go on for years.

I doubt if that guy used the money for his teeth. I am sure he used it for a lot less worthwhile things.

You should always check with the locals before hiring someone. There is a well known big contractor who has recently cut and run so be careful.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote