View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #27
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I agree. You've been more than patient. Time to get your money back. In the meantime, sounds like the insulation is open to the weather, and you need somebody new to finish the job quickly. Installing siding should be a matter of a week or so, including strippping the old stuff. I did one (i.e. hired the siding guy) a few years ago in January. The decision to side was partially because it was too cold to paint, but no problem with winter work and I got a discount for off season.
Long distance is a problem. In one instance I solved that by using a major chain (Lowes). I went to the local, picked out my materials in NH and they ordered for delivery and installation in Pompano Beach, FL. Paid with a credit card so I had that as a second recourse if there were problems. No problems whatsoever.
Call the town hall and ask if he has pulled a permit to do the job. If the answer is no; follow Descant's above advice. If the answer is yes, still follow his advice.