View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
What's the total cost of the job? Do you know who he is ordering the siding from? Was it actually ordered? If so, was it paid for? Was it delivered?

Personally, I would start legal action immediately. No amount of waiting or promises is going to get this dead beat moving and he clearly has no respect for you, your time or your property.
I agree. You've been more than patient. Time to get your money back. In the meantime, sounds like the insulation is open to the weather, and you need somebody new to finish the job quickly. Installing siding should be a matter of a week or so, including strippping the old stuff. I did one (i.e. hired the siding guy) a few years ago in January. The decision to side was partially because it was too cold to paint, but no problem with winter work and I got a discount for off season.
Long distance is a problem. In one instance I solved that by using a major chain (Lowes). I went to the local, picked out my materials in NH and they ordered for delivery and installation in Pompano Beach, FL. Paid with a credit card so I had that as a second recourse if there were problems. No problems whatsoever.

See other threads: many here who live away "have a guy" who watches things, especially in the off season. Your guy should be able to recommend or discourage various contractors for stuff he doesn't do himself.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote