View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Lucky1

Default Maybe add Meredith???

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
all polls are resticted to ten entries. What i do each year is drop the bottom one or two in the prior year's voting and add based on forum entries during the year ( so no personal bias). So North End was on in 2010 but had a low score( doesn't mean it is not good). The restaurant and Mise en place are both in wolfboro and i have never been to either restaurant. So in 2012 I will drop the low score( s) and add based on 2011 feedback. Also i only do the northern portion of the lake as it would get real complicated.
Are you saying that the form for the poll is ten entries of restaurants? Well maybe there is another way to do a poll without it being in the poll format and have people vote in the regular boxes like the one I am using now. I know there may be no way to do an accurate count but most people are honest one would hope and maybe do only one entry if they have to type the name out under their member name. I really hate to see Village Kitchen go up against The Woodshed in the same category as the cost is so very different. But the star thing might work. I also hate to have the Meredith restaurants left out of the poll. But that is just me. I do think we are lucky to have so many fine restaurants in the area but cost has to count when evaluating the best. And I happen to love several about the same so maybe we could do a 1, 2, 3 or somethinig. Still, I continue to thank you for doing the poll and appreciate the effort that you are making. Is it Don who establishes the number allowed in the poll? Maybe there is a different format OR WE COULD ALL HAVE A THREAD USING THE STAR SYSTEM???? In the end though it is a great area of the world and Happy Holidays to all!!!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links