View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Bare foot skiers

They are a breed. I am one of them. My daughters barefoot as well. I would like to teach my grandkids. I had one SL supporter sent me a PM and called me a murderer because I am teaching kids how to barefoot ski! LOL! Aren't they a jealous bunch.

As for Breck', I have a stake in a ski lodge on Baldy Mtn. across town. I was doing fine until 9/11, business took a downfall. Slowly rose up then tanked again in 2008. Been losing money since. I'm hoping to retire early but not with real estate prices at rock bottom. Talk to me when you head for the Breck'.

I belong to PSIA and PSPA. I use to race WMRL and occasionally test my skills on NASTAR. Klaus B. brings memories of his harmonica skills. Remember the Austrian boys? Gerhad, Frankie and Gert? Pepe Hermann and Egon Zimmerman? The Austrians partied hard! I wish Gunstock bring back the Fletcher Hale trail.

You mentioned fast cars. I used to race a 58' Satelite with a 426 wedge at NE Dragway and Englishtown at the MOPAR nationals. Name of car was 'Waillin' Wedge'. I also use to do SCCA races at Bryar with a 124 Spyder. I remamber the CAN AM races at Bryar. I have an autograph of Swede Savage. I use to love those ARR 'cudas and TA Challengers.

They still have the road course at NHMS. But the chicane course is gone. Been itching to go as they still do SCCA most weekends. I have a '98 911 Carrera convertible sitting in the barn. Haven't start it in years. Money been tight since I lost my job in 2008.