View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:42 AM   #20
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
A family member was on Lake Tahoe in August - was amazed at how clean/clear the water was. Crystal blue water and visibility beyond 25 feet with minimal algae/plant life at all on the bottom/in the water.

Of course the season may be shorter, the water colder for this time of year (sub 65) and I agree the cost of the homes is most likely 3 to 4 times higher than than of Winni.

I guess all have their pros and cons but like most on this board, it's hard to beat NH lakes region all things said and done.
In my opinion Lake Tahoe is gorgeous with colors almost exaggerated. The blues are phenomenal...However, in my opinion, it's a boring lake. I think only one island. For boating, there's almost no place to go. You can ride around in a large circle all day and maybe anchor at a beach. The traffic around the lake is on one road. Don't expect to get anywhere fast. If you like to gamble, that takes you indoors and away from the lake.

Nope. As far as my knowledge takes me, there is no other lake in the USA like Winnipesaukee.

Many years ago, amid rumors of the mafia dumping bodies into Tahoe, Jacque Cousteau went diving and found hundreds of golf balls and not one body.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote