View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 10:18 PM   #99
Winilyme

Default A little bit of self-governing please

Many wake boarders themselves are their own worst enemies - with selfish actions that could set the stage for an eventual decline in the sport. That downfall will be laws that regulate them to an extreme that they could have avoided by listening, understanding and modifying behaviors in response to concerns like those expressed in this thread. I've reread all of Lake Winni Wake's posts and other than a few platitudes thrown in here or there, I'm not sensing a lot of interest in, or even empathy for, the viewpoints of anyone other than those that support what he wants to do. His objective is simply to make this event happen torpedoes be damned.

The behavior of some (not all) wake boarders we are reading about in this thread is over the top. Extremely loud music, sometimes damaging wakes and relentlessly annoying back and forth passes in front of the same homeowners. Promoters of the sport need to lobby fellow wake boarders to limit these impacts such that opposing viewpoints are met somewhere in the middle. Otherwise, regulations will do it for them and then they'll be the ones asking for reasonableness. Bottom line message to wake boarders is - THINK. Turn down the volume, stick to larger open areas and avoid repetitive circuits.

I understand that Lake Winni Wake wants to keep his thread on target to his original post. But his transparent disregard for the opinions of others matches well to what I often see out on the water.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: