View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #56
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
ok....I am probably incorrect about my info on the Florida $15 annual kayak or canoe sticker......somewhere in the vague recesses of my memory I thought this was the case.....last time in Florida for me was in 1986....oh well....but still considering how the Marine Patrol time on Lake Winnipesaukee was cut way back this summer.....it should be considered.....people spend big bucks on fancy kayaks and fancy kayak paddles and fancy pfd's ......so spending $15 for a kayak sticker fee to help the Marine Patrol pay their gasoline bill for those twin two-stroker 150-hp Mercury optimax outboards on their 27' Defender 270cc center console www.safeboats.com police boats should be considered....because they probably use up lots of gasoline...plus the cop on-board needs to be paid too...
I disagree! All they have to do is do their job and there should be enough in tickets to cover their cost.
How many times do you here about someone doing something dumb and the MP was right there and did nothing.
How often do you see kayaks being ticketed for violations? They tax no MP resources.