View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

I don't believe that marina fuel is "treated" or anything different than the gas you can get at a gas station.

Although some marinas tell you that they are selling the mid-grade gas instead of just regular gas, in many cases I doubt that too. I just think it is an excuse to charge more for regular gas. Pardon me for being a skeptic.

As with cars, buying any more octane than is required by the engine manufacturer is a waste of money.

People who always buy high octane gas for their car that calls for regular gas are only accomplishing two things:Wasting money and fooling themselves. It accomplishes nothing.

I have had boats that hold anywhere from 40 to 240 gallons of gas. Any time that they have been moved on a trailer, and pass a gas station, I fill them with gas and it is always just regular. There is no need to spend another nickel and they run fine.

The only time I ever treat gas is to put Sta-Bil in the last tank full prior to winter. I could be wrong, but this has worked for me for the last 50 years so I think I will stick with it!
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links