Thread: Taxes ?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 06:06 AM   #32
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Is that different from the previous stimulus checks? The reading I have done said that the previous 2 stimulus checks were paid based on the data available at the time and would NOT be clawed back when you actually filed taxes and have an income level that "disqualified" you. Nor would it reduce your refund in any way. It was a tax credit based on best available data at the time it was issued and there was NO second guessing the eligibility later.

The only change could be in your favor. If the government did NOT pay a stimulus to you because available data said you did not qualify HOWEVER when you do your taxes you DO qualify, you would receive a tax credit that "pays" the stimulus to you when you file.

Of course this is the federal government and the IRS. What they said then and what they actually do now are subject to change.
This is also what I've heard and read. My tax preparer is waiting for a few materials, so I'm trying to figure out if I should be rushing to file so I won't get hit next year, though perhaps it's too late either way, since the Senate approved it yesterday...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: