View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #64
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Opinions

Yes, everyone has an opinion. But here are some things to ponder.

Since the existing building is old, and sinking, something has to be done. Some people have speculated about why the facility needs to be on the water. There are numerous reasons.

1. When a significant incident occurs on the lake (major boating accident, plane crash etc.) supervisors can leave their offices, jump in a boat, and respond immediately.

2. When there is an arrest the prisoner can be transported, booked, and held for court without involving other departments.

3. When a Marine Patrol officer has any mechanical issues with his assigned boat he can return to the office and change boats.

4. Marine Patrol officers reporting for their shift can start immediately rather than have to drive (on the payroll) to a different location to get in a boat.

5. Repairs to the boats can happen on site without a need to pull them out of the water to trailer them elsewhere, adding unnecessary expense.

6. Morale and professionalism will increase when they work out of a state of the art facility that they can be proud of.

7. Citizens will find it convenient to visit when any need arises. I know that has happened to me in the past when I got a warning for a burned out stern light and the ticket was written so that by appearing at the Marine Patrol office and showing the repair the citation was waived.

I am sure that there are other reasons, but this facility needs to be built and the waterfront is the right place for it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: