View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
Hillcountry

Default I 2nd Second Wind

We had our water softener system crap the bed on us last year. We called the company on the sticker that installed it (years ago) and they were pretty much useless for information. They wanted to change everything out and charge a lot of $$ just to have what we already had, some of which was still working.
We cancelled them and called Second Wind and got an appointment.
The woman who owns the company came out on the specified day and while it was a sales pitch for sure, she went over everything in great detail and did testing of all our components. Very knowledgeable and polite as well. In the end she was pushing a new system with added components (filters etc) and it was expensive. when we balked at her price she offered another solution after doing additional "testing" and came up with a less expensive system.
We took it all in and said we'd call her back.
Meanwhile, my wife started looking at systems online and talked me into doing it ourselves. We ordered a system compatible with the house water flow and usage and ordered one from Amazon. Same quality stuff as Second Wind was selling. We did the install and saved thousands, literally.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links